Sunday, September 11, 2016

"Huge" Sephora Haul


Hello! Hope you all had a great Labor Day weekend. As you can read from the title and see on the picture, I really did go a little crazy on Sephora.com. Although I've bought this last month, I still wanted to talk about them, because I've had plenty of time to test them out, which means I can give you my thoughts on each products.

I got two cleansers the Clarins Gentle Foamin Cleanser and the Fresh Soy Face Cleanser. I don't know I was feeling extra spendy that day. I used to use the Clarins cleanser back in the day, and remembered really enjoying it. I still really like it, because it doubles as a scrub. A really gentle scrub though (which I prefer), because if you suffer from acne using a scrub can make things worse. As for the Fresh cleanser I really liked the texture of it. It's a great cleanser for summer, it feels very refreshing on the skin.

Things that I've repurchased were the Clinique High Impact Mascara. This mascara has always been my favorite, but this year I had been using a lot of different mascaras, so I didn't really need it. But every time I used a different mascara, in the back of my head I always wished I had my Clinique one instead. It was time to repurchase. Another repurchase was the First Aid Beaut Facial Radiance Pads, I love these things. They are so practical, compared to the Pixi Glow Tonic, and are so much more effective in changing the texture of my skin.

I also got the Kat Von D Ink Liner. I finally finished my Stila Stay All Day Liner (love it), but I always heard such great things about the Kat Von D one, that I wanted to give it a shot. Honesty I think they are both equally as good, but I do find that the Stila one is a bit more long lasting. You can rub your eyes and it literally won't move or smudge, whereas the Kat one does smudge a bit.

I think I was watching a Tanya Burr tutorial and I was so obsessed with her eye makeup and her lip colour, that I had to get them. She used the Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow in Stone and the Mac Matte Lipstick in Twig. I'm so glad I got the cream shadow, because I was considering getting another one of the Mac pot cream... but I just like the texture of the Bobbi Brown one so much more. It feels like a mousse when you dip your finger in it and is so much more blendable compared to the Mac one, which is much more stickier and feels quite heavy on the eyelid. Each time I wear the lipstick, I always get asked what I'm wearing, which is always a good sign.

And finally I had to restock on some sun protection. I decided to try the Tatcha Silken Pore Perfecting Sunscreen SPF 35, because it said that it acts like a primer and doesn't feel oily on the skin. I can confirm both statements, it's makes your skin feel so smooth. Once it sets it kind of feels like you've applied powder on your face. A really great sunscreen if you're going to warm/humid places. I don't know why I was drawn to this brand, but they had so many sunscreen options for literally any skin type, that I decided to get the Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Spray, on Sephora it had great reviews and I desperately needed a body sunscreen for the summer. I really like it, but it does feel a little greasy, so I wouldn't recommend putting it on if you want to wear nice clothes. If it's for the beach and you're just laying in the sun it's fine.

xoxo


Follow me on Bloglovin / Instagram / Twitter Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign
);