Monday, July 6, 2015

Let's Talk About Sunscreen



Before I started getting into beauty and skincare, the only thing I knew about sun protection was what was told to me by my mum as a kid. I remember dreading putting on sunscreen (I'm sure like most children). My mum would rub it messily all over my face and it would always end up in my mouth (yuk!). After getting into skincare I've learned how important sunscreen is and have ever since have tried so many different ones. Today I want to share with you which ones those are...

There are a lot of different sunscreens on the market, but not all of them are meant for your skin type or skin concerns. To me what's really important in a sunscreen is that it doesn't break me out. It was really difficult for me to find the right one, when finally I started using the La Roche Posay Anthelios XL 50+. And that totally changed my sunscreen game! Now I use this one only when I go on holidays  and when I know I'm going to be in the sun for a long time. I never wear it when I have to go somewhere and need to look decent, because I find it really leaves a white cast on the face. This sunscreen feels very light on the skin and is water resistant (awesome for swimming). 

After I purchased the La Roche Posay sunscreen I wanted to find something similar but with some coverage in it. Who knew I was going to find it in the exactly same range! And that's when I found the Anthelios XL crème tintée 50+. It's basically exactly the same but just with some coverage. Just so you don't get confused it is not a foundation! It feels very light on the skin again, but it's very shinny on the skin, so I always set it with a bit of powder in the T-zone. I like this one, because it's the only thing I wear on holidays, when I'm by the sea. Because I know it won't look weird once I get in and out of the water. 


I think I heard of the Zelens Daily Defense Sunscreen SPF 30 through watching one of Caroline Hirons videos and since she recommended it...well I had to get it! I'm not going to lie, I was a bit skeptical of getting it at first, because of the price (let me just tell you it isn't cheap). But it didn't disappoint me. It made my skin feel very moisturizing (surprisingly), because it's a much thicker consistency then any other sunscreen I've used. I don't get along with it during the summer, because of it's consistency. I do love it during the winter, because I feel like I should have something thicker on my face to protect it from the cold. 


I've always been a big fan of Kiehl's and when I saw they had a sunscreen I jumped right on it. The Kiehl's Ultra Light Daily UV Defense SPF 50+++ is amazing! I religiously use this sunscreen every single morning after my moisturizer and before my foundation. It sinks into the skin immediately and doesn't feel sticky at all. I never broke out with it and I honestly couldn't see myself using anything else. It's been already my second tube and I'm soon finished with that one too! 

Do you have any sunscreen recommendations you love and that I should try?


Follow me on Bloglovin / Instagram / Twitter Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign
);