Monday, January 19, 2015

My Winter Makeup Menu



When the seasons change, that's when my makeup routine changes the most. Because firstly I like to change it up and secondly I don't think my dark lip would be the most flattering in spring... I also like to keep my makeup routine very simple and quick, with the least amount of products (because ain't nobody got time for that). I thought I would go through the products I wear the most during the winter season. Here we go!  

Starting with the base. I always apply a primer before my foundation, because I have big pores and I just find that my foundation stays in place much longer. The primer I use is the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer. Even though I cringe each time I think of the price, it's just the best primer I've ever tried. It makes my foundation application so much smoother. The foundation I'm currently using is the Diorskin Nude BB Creme. Omg I'm absolutely in love with this foundation (it's not actually a foundation, but a BB cream), it makes my complexion glow, without making it look greasy. It also feels so light on the skin! If I need some concealing done, I like to use a light concealer. My favorite one at the moment is the Origins Plantscription Concealer, super light and covers those dark circles. To set everything in place, I use the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light. Nothing to say about this product, just Amazing! That was it for my base. 

Next step is them brows. The only product I use, is the Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil. Since I have pretty full brows I don't really need to shape them too much, only fill them a bit at the end, which is great. Sometimes when I go out in the evenings I like to set them, so I'll use the Benefit Gimme Brow

For eyes I literally just use four products and that's it! I don't always but when I work with powder shadows I use an eyeshadow primer (Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base). The eyeshadow I wore the most this winter was the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Pink Gold, this color is so gorgeous and so easy to apply (I just use my fingers). I combined it with Mac Charcoal Brown in the crease, let me just tell you that this combo looks amazing on the eye (I just can't)! Then mascara, the one I'm currently using is the Make Up For Ever Smoky Extravagant, it lengthens my lashes so much, it looks as if I'm wearing falsies (which I'm obviously not)...

Oh lips! The lipstick that was on my lips all winter and will continue being until the beginning of spring is the Mac Cremesheen in Hang-Up. It's a gorgeous mauve color that feels very moisturizing on the lips. I love red lips, but I find that they can be a bit too much at times. I wore this mauve color all the time, either in the afternoon for a more casual look or in the evening for a more formal look. 

What products were you wearing the most this winter?


Follow me on Bloglovin / Twitter Instagram / Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign
);